1. the action of taking the first step or move; responsibility for beginning or originating
2. the characteristic of originating new ideas or methods; ability to think and act without being urged; enterprise
- the right of a legislature to introduce new legislation on some specified matter
- the right of a group of citizens to introduce a matter for legislation either to the legislature or directly to the voters
- the procedure by which such matters are introduced, usually by a petition signed by a specified percentage of the voters
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright Â© 2005 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
I have no idea how I will portray this yet but I can't wait to see the results. Let me know what you think and be sure to stop back on 1/15 to see everyone's interpretation of the theme.