Friday, January 15, 2010
"Initiative" was a difficult concept for me! I spent the first month mulling ideas until one day I realized that, for me, it simply meant to "show some initiative". Suddenly I knew what I needed to do. I had taken a kaleidoscope class with Paula Nadelstern in November. It was one of those classes that completely changed my focus. I knew that I needed to pursue symmetry in my quilting. My "initiative" is that my entire Fiberactions series will be an exploration of symmetry. I know it's going to make the future challenges more difficult but this is where my head is now so I'm going with it!
The quilt has 208 pieces and uses 18 fabrics. The quilting is simple to highlight some of the design lines. I have construction details on my blog.