com·mu·ni·ca·tion (kə myo̵̅o̅′ni kā′s̸hən)
- the act of transmitting
- a giving or exchanging of information, signals, or messages as by talk, gestures, or writing
- the information, signals, or message
- close, sympathetic relationship
- a means of communicating; specif.,
- a system for sending and receiving messages, as by telephone, telegraph, radio, etc.
- a system as of routes for moving troops and materiel
- a passage or way for getting from one place to another
- the art of expressing ideas, esp. in speech and writing
- the science of transmitting information, esp. in symbols
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2009 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.