I started with one of Vicki's hand dyed fat quarters and fused 3 full and two half flowers I cut from silk dupioni to that background fabric. The flowers were inspired by doodles in my sketchbook. Then I painted the rest of the flowers on the background with textile paints and dry pigments; and lastly brushed a layer of Opal Dust over the whole piece.
Layered with two battings... cotton and wool, I embellished my flowers with thread. Again the stitched designs came right from the pages of my sketchbook.
The pages from my sketchbook that inspired this piece and some more photos of the quilt can be found on my blog