I had a really good time working on this piece, & just finished the last stitches this morning.
I started with the idea of doing something along the lines of a Crazy Quilt, but ended up doing something that looks "Sane", but still a little "crazy".
Starting with smooth satin fabric, I made the black background, edging it with a fuzzy soft yarn finish. I made 9 3 1/2 inch squares from white wool, & put a different texture on each square. The white was too stark, so I painted the edges with some Dynaflow textile paint.
In the vacant space at the bottom I added some other textures with metallic Holoshimmer thread & free-motion quilting.....
I will post detail photos on my blog tonight.